Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hello Sweet Friends ~~~HAPPY SPRING ~~~

Another new design Kent and I call "Trinity Tulips"
These were done with prismacolor pencils and oil pastels and of course God ;0)





Happy Spring and WOW!!! Don't we all need the winterish-ness to go away, that's for certain.. How is everyone? It was a GORGEOUS DAY here in Iowa, hope it was where ever you are too, even if only in spirit.. Church was awesome but I have found its all in what you make it,,don't you agree???
We are Praising the LORD because the boys go back to school this week!!!
That's something else the hubby and I sure needed too, and they did also but, we just can't convince them of it yet. Kent would have been a great home school teacher for them but it wasn't until my 40's that God sent him our way. So it all works out so far, if he'd have been there home-school-teacher someone would have had much higher blood pressure than they already do ;0)
Back to spring,, how can I describe just how glorious the birds and all the outside noises sounded to us here today??? Well, maybe I shouldn't say, us, as there were a few dogs barking too, but they enjoyed the fresh new 1st day of spring God blessed us with, for me it was just simply, GLORIOUS Friends,, God truly gave us an AWESOME day, the sky was beautiful blue with wispy clouds, the Squirrels were just all over the deck and fence, no doubt looking for a date, and then there were the busseling~tweetering birds. We have a big variety in Iowa, more than I seem to remember in Cali growing up, although I do remember the neat ,little sparrows, but never saw a Robin. Oh yes,,the Crows,,I just love hearing them in Cali, we have them here too, it just seems like they come out more around halloween
;0) I use to miss the Seagulls but as Kent and I travel we see them so often now by the lake areas of Iowa and of course, can't forget, they are always buy the landfills ;0) Wow, did i get off topic,,oops on me as usual

PS:: By the way,,just a note, it is my belief many of us have God given talents, like painting, writting, drawing, singing, listening or crafting~~~If we just let ourselves listen to God and allow Him to speak through us and BELIEVE,,then in following Him, it IS possible to create beautiful works of art.
(((HUGS))) DENA
"That You indeed are my help, and in the shadow of Your wings I shout for JOY!!!
Psalm 63:8



Tell me how you spent your day, I would be thrilled!!!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Dena,

    I just love your drawings and tulips are one of my favorite flowers! Your close walk with the Lord is evident through your words.

    We had a yucky day of weather in Georgia but a beautiful day as a family.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment. You just made my day hearing that my words meant something to you.

    Keep sharing your heart and God will send the right readers your way. (And I'll be one of them!)

    God Bless,
    Kathie from http://goodnessandmercyshallfollow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This illustration is so beautiful, vibrant, and colorful. A beautiful rendition of springtime. Can't wait for the temperature to catch up with the season. We still have winter temps in the morning.

    Have a great day, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dena honey, your flowers are beautiful!! These are some of my all time favorite colors!!!!
    Make more flowers!!!

    Let's see - purple cone-flowers, black-eyed susan's and bachelor buttons are some of my favorites!!! hint, hint!!! :)

    Have a great day - looks to be another rainy one here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dena! So sweet of you to visit me recently -just had to pop over and say hello! I love flowers!! It's a thrill to meet other bloggers and artists...may the Lord give you a lovely spring day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey there
    my hotmail isn't working
    and finally I'm at least up sitting well shouldn't be
    but came in and logged on the computer to say hi
    love your creations
    I've had some complications with surgery
    wrote up a big note in hotmail to send and it won't work
    hugs
    sorry
    but will send a note via that way as soon as I can
    hugs
    me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dena,
    Thanks for stopping by Eternity Cafe the other day and for your lovely comment. I was away on spring break vacation with my college age kids.

    So glad you came my way. I totally love your artwork, especially tulips. Just bought some on Sunday that are just like your picture! They're opening slowly. Such a treat!

    Will stop by again often!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very pretty. I can hear the confidence you have through all your posts. You are truly blessed. Many times I doubt what I do. A lot of times I throw things away or hide them. Reading what you said has encouraged me to continue with the my projects I just thought I was unable to do. I guess in actuality I did not able myself to continue. So off I go and try to continue sharing my gifts with others as you do.

    Thanks!
    Rowena

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the tulips so much! The talents of others are such a blessing to others whose lives they touch.

    Glad you're enjoying your early spring. I sure am, especially the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful new card design Dena!

    I too LOVE the singing of the birds. One of the beautiful parts of Spring mornings. A cup of coffee, prayer and the birds singing with me unto the Lord. Awesome!

    Blessings upon you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Howdy Dena E.
    My favorite doodler has done it again !
    Those are truly amazing Tulips and I can see the inspiration coming through :)
    Blessings of joy to you and yours today and for the coming weekend too .
    You are pure inspiration my blogging sister .
    I have been seeking God's answer as to what talent I might have lurking deep beneath the surface but nothing seems to have revealed itself yet .
    I have been hungry for some creative something in my life for a long time .
    It was no accident that I came by your sweet blog filled with words and visions of inspiration.
    Thank you so much for sharing .
    Love and hugs from Texas
    Until next time
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete

~~~Thanks so very much for sharing with me you're Lovely Thoughts~~~
From the rising of the sun to its setting let the name of the LORD be praised~~~Psalm 113:3